Happy Mother's Day! What better way to celebrate your mother than by making some delicious pancakes for brunch?
- 2 cups (270g) White Sonora All Purpose Flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted (oil works too)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- zest of 1 large lemon
- juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 cups muddled raspberries (optional)
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, vanilla, butter, and lemon juice.
- Once the wet ingredients are smooth, add the dry ingredients.
- With a spatula, slowly fold together the wet and dry ingredients; add lemon zest and poppy seeds (add in muddled raspberries if you wish).
- Set griddle/skillet to medium heat and choose a desired scoop size.
- Place the finished pancakes on a warm plate in a 200 oven until you have enough to begin serving.
- Top with your favorite fresh fruit, honey/syrup, edible flower garnish, or powdered sugar and enjoy!