Chocolate Chip Farro Cookies
makes 3 dozen cookies
3 cups farro flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 sticks cold butter, cut into cubes
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup chopped dried cherries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix dry ingredients together. (A tip on measuring out our freshly milled farro flour: fill the measuring cup then tap the bottom against the counter and fill up the space that is created with more flour. Repeat if needed.)
3.In a kitchen aid, cream the butter and sugar together at a low speed. Then add the vanilla and eggs one at a time. Mix for 1 minute at medium speed. Turn the mixer speed down, and slowly add in the dry mixture.
4. When dry and wet ingredients are thoroughly mixed, add the the chocolate chips, dried cherries and walnuts.
5. Scoop out 1 tablespoon portions of cookie dough on to a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Then bake for 13 minutes. They are done when they are golden.
5. The key to this recipe is keeping the butter cold as well as the dough, if you are not able to bake the cookies right away store the dough in the fridge right up until you scoop them onto the cookie sheet.